We can provide support to identify hospice eligibility as well as helpful clinical guidelines
State and Federal regulations require that the following two criteria be met for a patient to be eligible for hospice care:
- Two physicians must certify the patient’s life expectancy is 6 months or less, if the illness runs its normal course.
- Patient has chosen care that focuses on symptom management rather than curative treatment.
Individuals eligible for Sanctuary Hospice’s services may experience some or all of the following:
- Frequent hospitalizations
- Progressive weight loss
- Deteriorating mental abilities
- Recurrent infections
- Decreased ability to perform Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Sanctuary Hospice’s patients do not have to be homebound
Please see Diagnosis Guidelines for more specific admission criteria.
- Palliative Performance Scale (PPS)
- Functional Assessment Staging Tool (FAST)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get In Touch
Fill out this brief form and we will get back to you shortly.